01 | 11 | 17
Did you know - England vs Germany
DID YOU KNOW?
1. England have set the bar as high as possible in terms of their early preparation for Russia 2018. According to the latest FIFA rakings, their next two opponents remain the best two teams in the world.
2. World Cup holders Germany underlined their No.1 ranking in Group C, becoming only the second European team to win 10 out of 10 matches in a qualifying campaign (the Spain team that went onto win South Africa 2010 were the first). Germany netted a record 43 goals in the process, finishing with a staggering goal difference of +39.
3. Jamie Vardy scored his first international goal – and his country’s 2,100th – in the 3-2 friendly win in Berlin in March 2016.
4. If Germany win a second successive World Cup next summer, they would become the first team to retain the title since Brazil in 1962.
5. England’s 1966 World Cup Final victory was the last of a seven-game winning streak against West Germany. The run began with their first win against Germany in 1935.