04 | 10 | 17
Did You Know - Scotland VS Slovakia
Did you know: Scotland vs Slovakia
DID YOU KNOW?
- If selected, Craig Gordon will win his milestone 50th international cap against Slovakia. The giant shot-stopper made his debut against Trinidad & Tobago in 2004.
- Only three managers will have taken charge of more Scotland games than Gordon Strachan after the Slovakia match.
- In five previous attempts since gaining independence in 1993, Slovakia have qualified for one World Cup, reaching the 2010 finals. They reached the knockout stages in South Africa after finishing above Italy and New Zealand in their group, losing only to Paraguay. They were knocked out in the Round of 16 by eventual finalists the Netherlands.
- Christophe Berra scored his fourth international goal against Malta last month. His second came in a 1-1 friendly draw in Slovenia in 2012.
- Scotland are bidding to reach the World Cup finals for the first time in 20 years.