With 2017 drawing to a close and England's fixtures for the year done and dusted, we're launching our brand new #GetIN Cup of Goals to find out which Three Lions strike is the fans' favourite,
In the two weeks leading up to Christmas, we'll see England goals go head to head in 'Cup Fixtures' looking for your votes via Twitter @Vauxhall England
and our Vauxhall England Facebook Page
. The goal in each 'fixture' with the most votes combined on Twitter and Facebook will progress to the next round to take on another England effort.
There were 14 goals in total scored by Gareth Southgate's men in their ten matches in 2017, while their were two 0-0 draws and a 1-0 defeat to Germany at the start of the year when England failed to find the net.
Unsurprisingly, Tottenham Hotspur hitman Harry Kane was top scorer, bagging seven times in, remarkably, just six appearance, which took his overall tally to 12 in 23 international outings.
In fact, he was the only player to score more than once for the Three Lions, with seven other men finding the mark as England secured qualification for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
But which one will be considered the best goal of the year and win the #GetIN Cup of Goals? It's up to you...
We started out with all 14 England efforts from the year in the draw for the first round...
FIRST ROUND RESULTS
Jamie Vardy (Lithuania) 75% - 25% Harry Kane (penalty v France)
Harry Kane (first v France) 68% - 32% Harry Kane (first v Malta)
Harry Kane (Scotland) 73% - 27% Jermain Defoe (Lithuania)
Ryan Bertrand (Malta) 38% - 62% Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Scotland)
Danny Welbeck (Malta) 46% - 54% Harry Kane (Slovenia)
Harry Kane (second v Malta) 81% - 19% Harry Kane (Lithuania)
BYES: Eric Dier (Slovakia) and Marcus Rashford (Slovakia)
SECOND ROUND RESULTS
Jamie Vardy (Lithuania) 57% - 43% Harry Kane (first v France)
Harry Kane (Scotland) 55% - 45% Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Scotland)
Harry Kane (Slovenia) 70% - 30% Harry Kane (second v Malta)
Eric Dier (Slovakia) 40% - 60% Marcus Rashford (Slovakia)
Jamie Vardy (Lithuania) v Harry Kane (Scotland)
Harry Kane (Slovenia) v Marcus Rashford (Slovakia)
Winner SF 1 v Winner SF2
Any fans who follow either our Twitter @VauxhallEngland or our Vauxhall England Facebook Page
and Retweet or Share any of the #GetIN Cup of Goals posts throughout the during of the competition, which will run up to midnight on 23 December 2017, will go into a prize draw to win one of six signed England shirts (three home, three away).
Dates for #GetIN Cup of Goals 'Rounds': First Round (six games), 11-13 Dec; Second Round (four games), 15-18 Dec; Semi-Finals (two games); 20-21 Dec; The Final 23 Dec
Vauxhall Football #GetIN Cup of Goals Signed England Shirt Prize Draw Twitter and Facebook Promotion 2017 Terms and Conditions
- 1 Entrants must be resident in the UK aged 18 or over. From 1 January 2017 onwards (until otherwise advised), the Promoter will post Vauxhall Football Prize Draw opportunities on www.twitter.com/VauxhallEngland and www.facebook.com/VauxhallEngland which will incorporate within them, the opportunity, and details of the Prize, how many Winners; the mechanic to enter, and the closing time and dates to do so. To enter a Vauxhall Football Prize Draw promotion (“the Promotion”), Entrants must re -"Tweet" or "share" the given message from the Promoter. The Vauxhall Football Prize Draw is free and no purchase is necessary. Only one entry per household.Entries must not be submitted through agents or third parties, and any such entries will be invalid.
- 2 The Closing Date for each Vauxhall Football Prize Draw promotion will be 12:00 Midnight GMT on 23 December 2017. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any entries that are delayed or lost in transmission.
- 3 There will be six winners, three who enter via Facebook, three who enter via Twitter. Each Winner will receive a signed England football shirt. The three Facebook winners will each receive an "away" shirt, while the three Twitter winners will each receive a "home" shirt. The Prize will be facilitated for delivery dependent on the Prize won and will be advised to the Winner at time of Prize notification by the Promoter. Each Winner will be responsible for all other costs prior to and after fulfilment of the prize, and not otherwise provided herein.
- 4 The Winners will be the first Vauxhall Football Prize Draw entry/ies that are randomly selected by an adjudicator from all the entry submissions received by the Closing Date in respect to the Promotion. The adjudicator’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. The Winner/s will be notified through a “Tweet” or "Direct Message" placed on Twitter or Facebook directly to the Winner.
- 5 No cash or other alternatives to any Prize is available, and Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Each Prize must be claimed by the person named on the official winning Vauxhall Football Prize Draw submission within 24 hours of notification from the Promoter (in accordance with Clause 6) where the Prize consists of Vauxhall merchandise item(s)). Failure to claim the Prize within this period, shall lead to the Prize being forfeited and entitles the Promoter to redraw another winner without liability or if the Winner or guest is subject to a ban preventing him/her from travelling or from attending football or other sporting events.
- 6 The name and county of the Winner/s can be obtained from Vauxhall Motors Limited, Griffin House, Osborne Road, Luton, LU1 3YT to those persons sending a stamped addressed envelope addressed within 10 days of each Vauxhall Football Prize Draw Promotion.
- 7 The Promoter reserves the right use the name and town of the Winner/s for the purpose of publicity without charge, and the Winner/s hereby consent to the same.
- 8 Events may occur that render the event itself or awarding the Prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and the entrant agrees that no liability shall be attached to the Promoter as a result thereof. The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative Prize of equal value should this prove necessary.
- 9 By entering the Vauxhall Football Prize Draw promotions, all entrants confirm they have read, accepted and agreed to be bound to the Terms and Conditions of which the application instructions form part, and consent to being contacted for the purpose of Clause 6 (if applicable), and acknowledge that Twitter is not the promoter and has no liability in connection with this promotion.
- 10 The Promoter is not sponsored, endorsed or administered or associated with Twitter, and Twitter does not endorse the products of the Promoter. No information relating to any entrants is collected on behalf of or passed onto Twitter.
- 11 Employees (and their families) of Vauxhall Motors Limited, its associated companies, its Retailers and agencies are not eligible for entry.
- 12 The Promoter is Vauxhall Motors Limited, Griffin House, Osborne Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 3YT. Please do not send entries to this address.